Please click the links below to learn more about the different conditions that we can treat:
- "45% of persons with chronic neck pain attribute the pain to a past MVC injury."
- "Each year there are 3 million new whiplash injuries in the U.S. Nearly half will develop chronic symptoms, and 10% will become disabled."
- "Whiplash injury is one of the leading causes of disability and loss of productive years of life because it affects so many people early in life."
- "Statistics show that 93% of all crashes are due to human error."
- "Shoulder and lap belts reduce the risk of fatal injury by 45% and the risk of moderate to critical injury by 50%."
"There are two studies in which the effectiveness of chiropractic care for chronic whiplash injury has been demonstrated. In the study of late whiplash it was reported that chiropractic care was effective in 93% of cases. In a subsequent study, the authors classified the 93 late whiplash patients into three groups: Group 1, with 50 patients, was roughly the equivalent to grade 2 CAD by definition; Group 2, with 32 patients, was roughly equivalent to grade 3 CAD; Group 3, described as having an unusual complex of symptoms that included blackouts, visual disturbance, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and non-dermatomal pain distributions, did not really conform to any of the CAD grades. Following treatment, improvement was noted in 72% of the patients in Group 1, 94% of the patients in Group 2, and 27% of Group 3, with one patient made worse. Most practitioners would concede that managing late whiplash patients is a more challenging than managing acute cases."
*Reference - Spine Research Institute of San Diego
Ask us how the Pro-Adjuster technology can be a part of successfully treating your whiplash injury/pain caused by an auto accident.
Don't let Headaches Distract You
The throbbing...pounding...sensation of a splitting headache is an all too accepted condition for millions of people each day. Some suffer with headaches several times a month, others even more often. A headache can be a distraction that affects your job and your family life. HEADACHES are not a normal condition. The following are two example research studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of chiropractic treatment for headaches:
"Cervical spine manipulation was associated with significant improvement in headache outcomes in trials involving patients with neck pain and/or neck dysfunction and headache."
-- Duke Evidence Report, McCrory, Penzlen, Hasselblad, Gray (2001)
"The results of this study show that spinal manipulative therapy is an effective treatment for tension headaches... Four weeks after cessation of treatment...the patients who received spinal manipulative therapy experienced a sustained therapeutic benefit in all major outcomes in contrast to the patients that received amitriptyline therapy, who reverted to baseline values."
-- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Boline et al. (1995)
Ask us how the Pro-Adjuster technology can be a part of successfully treating your headaches.
Whiplash injury, stress, sleeping wrong, poor posture (i.e. while working at a computer) are a few of the many potential causes of neck pain. Chiropractic has proven to be very effective in the treatment of neck pain. The following is an example research study:
"One of the most recent reviews of scientific literature found evidence that patients with chronic neck pain enrolled in clinical trials reported significant improvement following chiropractic spinal manipulation.
As part of the literature review, published in the March/April 2007 issue of the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, the researchers reviewed nine previously published trials and found "high-quality evidence" that patients with chronic neck pain showed significant pain-level improvements following spinal manipulation. No trial group was reported as having remained unchanged, and all groups showed positive changes up to 12 weeks post-treatment." Source - American Chiropractic Association
Ask us how the Pro-Adjuster technology can be a part of successfully treating your neck pain.
Back Pain Facts & Statistics
Although chiropractors care for more than just back pain, many patients visit chiropractors looking for relief from this pervasive condition. In fact, 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.1
A few interesting facts about back pain:
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.2
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor's office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic - meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain - and that's just for the more easily identified costs.3
- Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.4
What Causes Back Pain?
The back is a complicated structure of bones, joints, ligaments and muscles. You can sprain ligaments, strain muscles, rupture disks, and irritate joints, all of which can lead to back pain. While sports injuries or accidents can cause back pain, sometimes the simplest of movements - for example, picking up a pencil from the floor - can have painful results. In addition, arthritis, poor posture, obesity, and psychological stress can cause or complicate back pain. Back pain can also directly result from disease of the internal organs, such as kidney stones, kidney infections, blood clots, or bone loss.
Manipulation as a Treatment for Back Problems
Used primarily by Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) for the last century, manipulation has been largely ignored by most others in the health care community until recently. Now, with today's growing emphasis on treatment and cost effectiveness, manipulation is receiving more widespread attention.
Chiropractic spinal manipulaton is a safe and effective spine pain treatment. It reduces pain, decreases medication, rapidly advances physical therapy, and requires very few passive forms of treatment, such as bed rest.5
In fact, after an extensive study of all currently available care for low back problems, the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research - a federal government research organization - recommended that low back pain sufferers choose the most conservative care first. And it recommended spinal manipulation as the only safe and effective, drugless form of initial professional treatment for acute low back problems in adults.6
Tips to Prevent Back Pain
- Maintain a healthy diet and weight.
- Remain active - under the supervision of your doctor of chiropractic.
- Avoid prolonged inactivity or bed rest.
- Warm up or stretch before exercising or other physical activities, such as gardening.
- Maintain proper posture.
- Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sleep on a mattress of medium firmness to minimize any curve in your spine.
- Lift with your knees, keep the object close to your body, and do not twist when lifting.
- Quit smoking. Smoking impairs blood flow, resulting in oxygen and nutrient deprivation to spinal tissues.
- Work with your doctor of chiropractic to ensure that your computer workstation is ergonomically correct.
Ask us how the Pro-Adjuster technology can be a part of successfully treating your back pain.
- Jensen M, Brant-Zawadzki M, Obuchowski N, et al. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Lumbar Spine in People Without Back Pain. N Engl J Med 1994; 331: 69-116.
- Vallfors B. Acute, Subacute and Chronic Low Back Pain: Clinical Symptoms, Absenteeism and Working Environment. Scan J Rehab Med Suppl 1985; 11: 1-98.
- This total represents only the more readily identifiable costs for medical care, workers compensation payments and time lost from work. It does not include costs associated with lost personal income due to acquired physical limitation resulting from a back problem and lost employer productivity due to employee medical absence. In Project Briefs: Back Pain Patient Outcomes Assessment Team (BOAT). In MEDTEP Update, Vol. 1 Issue 1, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Rockville, MD, Summer 1994.
- In Vallfors B, previously cited.
- Time to recognize value of chiropractic care? Science and patient satisfaction surveys cite usefulness of spinal manipulation. Orthopedics Today 2003 Feb; 23(2):14-15.
- Bigos S, Bowyer O, Braen G, et al. Acute Low Back Problems in Adults. Clinical Practice Guideline No.14. AHCPR Publication No. 95-0642. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, December, 1994.
- American Chiropractic Association
Going the Distance with your Pregnancy
Pregnancy is extremely hard on the lower back as well as on the neck and shoulders. Examine the spine of an expectant mother from the side and it's easy to understand why they're in pain. Due to the increased development of the breast tissue, the shoulders are rounded forward, placing tremendous pressure on the neck and shoulders. The weight of the growing child places the lower back in a strenuous position.
The nine months of pregnancy brings many hormonal changes that relax the ligaments which stabilize the lower back and pelvis. As the pelvis rotates down in the front, the muscles of the lower back become short and tight, causing an increase in pressure on the pain sensitive joints of the lower back, producing achy lower back pain.
Ask us how the Pro-Adjuster technology can be a part of successfully treating you during your pregnancy.
Children and Chiropractic
Children are very active. They can spend an endless amount of time jumping, running and playing hard. But, sometimes all of this physical activity can put an undue stress on spinal nerves, which can lower a child's resistance to a number of maladies.
We think nothing of having our children's teeth and eyes checked on a regular basis, yet many times we neglect the importance of a spinal check-up. The spine is home to the spinal cord. It is the most amazing bundle of nerves that controls every function in the body. Even the slightest misalignment can cause interference in this process and leave the child vulnerable to a host of issues.
Childhood should be a time of fun, growth and preparation for a healthy adulthood. Many times children spend this joyous time plagued with adult-type problems such as fatigue, nervousness, poor concentration, headaches, back pain or irritability, just to name a few.
The ProAdjuster is one of the most advanced Chiropractic evaluation and treatment instruments in existence today! Both you and your child will be amazed at the ease and exactness of the analysis and treatment. Your child will receive an accurate evaluation using the same technology applied by engineers to test materials on spaceships and bridges.
The ProAdjuster evaluation allows the doctor to see exactly which vertebrae are not in proper alignment. You can see your child's condition displayed on the monitor during the evaluation process. There is no guesswork. The ProAdjuster determines the best adjustment mode for your child's specific condition. It then initiates a controlled percussion that is consistent and measurable. Most important, it is a completely gentle treatment.
Ask us how a natural approach to health utilizing Pro-Adjuster technology can be a wise investment in your child's future.
Chiropractic is part of a wellness lifestyle.
Chiropractic care is like "orthodontics" for the spine. Clinically, repeated Chiropractic adjustments "train" the vertebrae to maintain their proper alignment and movement. Like the time required for braces to achieve correction depends on an individual's teeth and mouth structure, the time required for proper structural positioning to occur depends on the condition of the patient's spine, their job and other daily lifestyle activities.
Think of your spinal adjustments like maintaining your car. It's recommended that you change your car's oil every 3,000 or so miles. For how long you ask? For as long as you own the car! While some individuals drive 3,000 miles in a week, others do so in a month or two. The point is, however, that we change our oil on a regular basis. The same goes for caring for your spine. Whether to get adjusted weekly, monthly or quarterly depends on each patient's specific health condition. Remember, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!" Don't let your car's engine fall out before changing its oil!
Ask us how the Pro-Adjuster technology can be a part of a healthy wellness lifestyle.
- Our clinic uses the Pro-Adjuster --- Computerized Chiropractic Treatment without any twisting, popping, or sudden movements.
- Pro-Adjuster analysis and treatment provided without pain.
- We offer Class IV Laser Therapy.
- Professional and friendly staff.
- Professional, yet comfortable family atmosphere.
- Latest physiological therapeutics.
- Exercise and rehabilitation equipment.
- Premium Hydromassage.
- Most insurances accepted; we'll do the paperwork.
- Auto insurance and workers' compensation insurance pays up to 100% (in most cases).
- Extensive knowledge of injuries caused by an auto accident.