Auto Safety Facts that can save your life and the lives of your children
- Every year, nearly 3 million people suffer a whiplash injury.
- About half are left with some chronic problems.
- About 10% become disabled.
- Only 25% of us correctly adjust our head restraints.
- The single most important way to prevent whiplash injury is to properly position your head restraint.
- Position your head restraint as close to your head as possible and level with the top of your head.
- Some cars are even made with special anti-whiplash head restraints and seats.
Source: Spine Research Institute of San Diego.