Auto Safety Facts that can save your life and the lives of your children
- Always wear your seat belt and shoulder harness when riding in a vehicle. The safest place for you in a crash is sitting securely in your seat.
- Many fatal crashes occur at speeds under 40 mph.
- Your chance of survival doubles when you wear your seat belt.
- Seat belts protect you in all types of crashes, not just frontal crashes.
- Seat belts are your single most effective safety device.
- Don't take chances: buckle up.
Source: Spine Research Institute of San Diego.